The definition of culture by Edward Burnett Tylor - The anthropologist Edward Burnett Tylor 1871 year defines culture as a complex whole which includes knowledge, belief, art, morals, law, tradition, other capabilities and habits acquired by man as a member of the community.
Similar to the definition of culture by Edward Burnett Tylor, Indonesia historian named Ki Hajar Dewantoro formulate culture as all copyright works, and the desire of human beings.
Clyde Klukchohn added that it has seven cultural element that is universal. Universal means the contents of the principal elements of the culture of the seven can be found in all communities in the world.
The seven elements of the culture in question is: the system of livelihood, living equipment systems, the system of science and technology, a system of social organization and civic, religious and belief systems, art and language.
Profile Of Edward Burnett Tylor
Edward Burnett Tylor, anthropologist was a famous United Kingdom nation through service on the research of cultural evolution.
|Edward Burnett Tylor|
- Born: October 2, 1832, in Camberwell, United Kingdom
- Died: January 2, 1917, Wellington, United Kingdom
- Parents: Harriet Skipper, Joseph Tylor
- Siblings: Alfred Tylor
- Nephew: Joseph John Tylor
Profil Of Ki Hajar Dewantoro
|Ki Hajar Dewantoro|
Ki Hajar Dewantoro actually named Raden Mas Soewardi Soerjaningrat. He is an activist movement of the independence of Indonesia, columnist, politician, and pioneer of education for the people of Indonesia from the Netherlands colonial era.
- Born: May 2, 1889, Yogyakarta
- Died: April 28, 1959, Yogyakarta
- Education: School tot Opleiding van Indische Artsen
- Spouse: Nyi Sutartinah
- Book: towards an independent man
- Organization: National Indische Partij
Profil Of Clyde Kluckhohn
Clyde Kluckhohn was an American anthropologist and social theory, his work is long-term Ethnography among the Navajo and his contributions to the development of the theory of cultural anthropology in America.
- Born: January 11, 1905, Le Mars, Iowa, us
- Died: July 28, 1960, of Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
- Education: Harvard University (1934 – 1936), other
- Awards: Guggenheim Fellowships for social studies, us & Canada
- Famous Pupils: Laura Nader
Thus the definition of culture according to Edward Burnett Tylor who were with two other characters, namely Ki Hajar Dewantoro and Clyde Klukchohn.