Iran Map – Iran is a country located in the Middle East, including the Southwest Asia region. Until 1935 Iran was still called Persia in the Western world. Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi announced that Iran or Persia could be used in 1959.
The borders of Iran include: the west borders the Caspian Sea, the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman; Turkey and Iraq, to the north, are bordered by Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan and Armenia, and to the east are Afghanistan and Pakistan.
The map of Iran below includes regional maps, political maps, and location maps when viewed from a map of the world as a whole.
General Information of Iran
- Iran is a Country in the Middle East
- Official Name: Islamic Republic of Iran, جمهوری اسلامی ایران (Jomhuri-ye Eslāmi-ye Irān)
- Capitol: Tehran
- Population: 78,089,000
- Languages: Farsi, Arabic
- Geographic Region: Asia, Southern Asia
- Geographic Size (km sq): 1,648,195
- Year of UN Membership: 1945
- Year of Present State Formation: 1979
- Current UN Representative: Mohammad Khazaee
Iran Bordering Countries
Important city of Iran
Abadan, Ahvaz, Ardabil, Astara, Bafq, Bakhtarun, Bam, Bandar Beheshti, Bandar-e Abbas, Bandar-e Bushehr, Bandar-e Lengeh, Bazman, Birjand, Bojnurd, Dezful, Esfahan (Isfahan), Eslamslahr, Gorgan, Hamadan, Ilam, Jask, Kangan, Karaj, Kashan, Kerman, Khorramabad, Khvoy, Mahabad, Maragheh, Mashhad, Orumiyeh, Qazvin, Qomsheh, Qorn, Rasht, Saidabad (Sirjah), Sanandaj, Sarakhs, Sari, Semnan, Shahr-e Kord, Shahrud, Shiraz, Sirjan, Tabriz, Tajrish, Tehran, Yasuj, Yazd, Zahedan and Zanjin.
Visit Iran on google map